Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What U'v Been W8ting 4!



Hey there RADIANCE readers! Thanks for not giving up on me. It is time for me to finish my re-reinvention! I know this is long awaited. I haven’t wrote in my blog since Christmas. I am not sure what excuse I would like to use for my lack of dedication.

Honestly, I had become so selfish. I was caught up in a relationship that I was forcing myself in. Yes Ladies and Gents… it was a taste of my Hiatus all over again. I so appreciate each of you hanging with me as I went back and forth on decisions for my personal life.

Where am I now?

I am happily single and enjoying life with my beautiful 5 year old Sun (on). I kissed the love of my (former) life goodbye and decided I would create a new life for my son and myself. In the words of my girl (India Arie), there is a blessing in every lesson and I am glad I knew him at all. We will always be best friends and he is forever embedded in my heart. It is simply past time that I work on me (foreal) and let God work in His time.

ENOUGH of this relationship stuff.

What else has went on in Rai’s life over the last 3 months?

January:

I had the BEST Golden Birthday EVER! I turned 27 on January 27th and my girls and BF made it EXTRA special for me. I am talking about movie S T A R treatment! The entire weekend was exquisite!

February:

This month started out in preparation for Sun’s BDay (Feb. 10th). I planned him a surprise party at good ole Mickey D’s! He was SHOCKED! His dad and his fiancĂ© (wife as of Feb. 23rd) brought him to the restaurant thinking that he was just there to see me. Well… as soon as he rounded the corner, there I stood along with 10 of his friend, cake and presents. He was so excited about this.

On Valentines Day I had dinner with my girlfriends. Shortly after, I boarded a plane (8am the next morning) headed to New Orleans for All Star Weekend! Boy… we had fun… drama… (before we left) but fun nontheless!

I must back up… a good friend of mine got engaged on the 9th of this eventful month, which was also drama filled. Love u Bossy ;o)

NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA !!!
Home of the Drive Thru Daiquiri Window! This city has absolutely NO shame. There are daiquiri shops on every corner. People just drinking and driving, and get this, NO BODY CARES! That was such a trip to me.

I spent the weekend sightseeing and bonding with really good friends. On morning I took a much-needed stroll down Canal Street and linked up with another good friend (though I didn’t realize it at the moment). I have to admit to myself… I met one of the many “me’s” only in the form of a guy. We are simply friends and that is just the way I like it.

It would probably take me a couple 100 blog entries to recant the trip, but I will not bother with taking up any more of your time than I already will.

The month ended with a good guy friend of mine and CK (my Son’s Dad) getting married to the loves of their lives. My friend wed at 12:30pm on February 23rd and CK wed an hour later at 1:30pm. I sincerely wish each of them the best in their marriages!


March:

March has been a liberating month. Went on a shopping spree with a dear friend, that is an indeed life saver. It’s funny, just when I feel like I am the last one left in this world a miracle happens.

I got four new tattoos (1 in Feb. and 3 in March)! That puts me at 10 total... I know... it seems like yesterday I was only getting my 2nd one! I am just feeling so free nowadays! It feels good!

I drove to Dallas last weekend to check on my family and had time to spend with some dear friends. It felt good to have money in my pocket and good friends in my corner.


I guess this sums up my MA “ness” in the several months. I have my laptop now, so there will be more to come!


The End.

~iknowumissedmissingme!~

No comments: